We Can Help Prevent Oxnard Fire Damage Caused By Appliances
Improper Dryer Care Can Cause Fires in Your Oxnard Home
The appliances in your Oxnard home help to make life more comfortable but taking care of them and using them correctly is critical to a longer life and safe operation. Dryers, for example, can become dangerous if they do not get used properly, and this can result in disasters like fires occurring in the residence. Understanding how these situations happen and what can occur to restore the damage is essential knowledge for the modern homeowner.
While you might not think of your dryer as a source for fire damage in your Oxnard home, this disaster can occur more readily than most homeowners believe. Often, these combustions occur when the excessive heat (often upwards of 500 degrees or more) ignites lint or other loose debris within and around the drum. Preventing this situation from occurring is often little more than ensuring that between uses, the lint trap gets cleared of any collected buildup and that your ventilation discharge hose remains clear of buildup as well. We also inspect and can clean out the venting system for the appliance to increase efficiency and reduce potential fires.
Often homeowners are unaware of the severity of cleaning out their lint filters often, and fire can result. When a disaster like this occurs, the effects can spread far beyond the laundry area of your home and affect multiple rooms and floors. Our SERVPRO® of Oxnard professionals can arrive quickly to begin our thorough assessment of this damage to determine the best approach to restore it efficiently and cost-effectively.
From our initial mitigation work with packing out at-risk items and removing harmful particulates from the air inside your home to our licensed reconstruction contractors within our team that can rebuild overly damaged areas of your property, we offer a comprehensive package to our customers that make the restoration work as seamless and stress-free as possible.
Fires can begin from many sources, but appliances can easily ignite a blaze without the proper management and use
If you experience a disaster that damages your property, let our SERVPRO® of Oxnard rapid response team help you make it “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (805) 984-2347.